5 Apr 2007

Highland Fling 2007

I attended the Highland Fling 2007 today.
"Highland Fling is an annual one-day conference in Scotland aimed at web developers and businesses with an interest in web standards and accessibility. This inaugural Highland Fling conference will cover the topic of progressive enhancement and is designed to make developers aware of both the benefits and pitfalls involved of using such technologies, how to use them, when not to use them, and what the future holds."
I'll admit I was impressed, this was definitely one of the better seminars I've attended this year and I'm a self confessed seminar junkie, I get the shakes if I go more than 2 weeks without ducking out of work to expose myself to (not at) a seminar.

Among the number of prestigious speakers, I was particularly interested in Drew McLellan's talk regarding Microformats and how it could possible to use them properly as a simple API for your site. Is that a gasp I hear before me, yes, it's entirely possible using the correct mixture of Microformat mark-up to allow you to ditch that mass of tired, battered API framework code you've been struggling to integrate and use basic HTML instead to form a very lightweight, accessable to those who want/need it API. The beauty of it is that it's just ... there!

If your not using Microformats yet, why not? It's going to save us all.... really, no really... HEY! don't walk away when I'm talking to you..... damn.

2 comments:

Komail Noori said...

Thanks for shairing this valuable information. Its really worthwhile reading.

Regards,
Komail Noori
Web Site Design - SEO Expert

Unknown said...

It is really an informative article; these sort of conferences should be organized to create awareness about the updated features of the existing technologies and what’s new for further enhancement.

Thanks

Web Designing